Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mommy doing some reflecting

I have realized that there are never enough minutes in an hour or hours in a day regardless of how much I plan. The one thing that I need to do more often is just stop in my tracks and remember how amazing life can be and how special tiny moments of each day are rather than focusing on other things that don't really matter. It really helps keep me grounded and humbled when I take a deep breathe and remember all my countless blessings. It reminds me that I am human, it reminds me that I am strong and it reminds me that I am not alone.  Today that special reminder came when I read a quote that really touched my soul,
"Being a parent or someone who loves of a child with special needs is quite like standing on the sea shore. Waves crash and hit you constantly - and you've got to find a way to stand strong. So even if your eyes are filled with stinging salt, smile at your courage. Smile at your strength. Smile at what you have learned. Imagine how much wisdom you have gained. Your strength is remarkable......"

It is not often that I stop in my tracks after reading something but this was very powerful and reminded me that at times we have had moments where what we have experienced or what Lucas has had to endure feels like moving mountains but we always end up in a better place afterward. Through God. Through faith. Through family and friends. Through Lucas' smile.  This quote reminds me that all will be okay. As I look at some photos I snapped of my little man this week I see him so full of life and an abundance of potential.  We are so fortunate to have Lucas as a son and as an inspiration.

Enjoying a little Dr. Seuss


Counting coins

Playing

Amazing look of wonder


No comments:

Post a Comment