Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sensory snow day

So today we were hit with the biggest snowfall of the winter season and I couldn't resist to bring in beautiful white fluffy snow for Lucas to play with.  Since this was his first time seeing snow up close and personal I didn't know what he would think of the stuff that one day he will love! I can't wait for the day that we will be outside together building snowmen but today we settled for snowballs on a highchair tray.

Although Lucas didn't quite know what to make of it he slowly began to warm up to it as I threw the snowballs up in the air and eat the snow. I also had him taste it as well!! Playing with snow is an excellent sensory activity so we will be sure to do it again.  But we can wait until next winter as mommy is ready for Spring!

"Mommy what is this funny looking white stuff?...it makes me laugh"

"Ok, no more laughing....what is this mom?"


"Let me get a good look at this stuff!"
 
"Ok I will try it this one time"

"How did she talk me into this?"

"This stuff is cold and feels good on my gums"

"Ok, I am done with this snow stuff now give me some puffs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment