Thursday, May 2, 2013

So what's in a PT session anyway?

These days are filled with lots of therapy session for this or that so today I decided to highlight and share our PT sessions (physical therapy).  This will give you an idea of that this like for Lucas and how hard he works.  Also, I wanted to show some photos of him in action with some of the tools he uses at Easter Seals. We try and change it up a little each session but still working on the same concepts of strengthening his core, building up his hip and leg muscles, practicing taking steps with everything building on each other toward our overall goal of walking and eventually running.  Below are photos from our last two PT sessions.  I will say that I am happy to have even taken any photos since I am a very active part of every session.  I usually come out of these sessions almost as tired as Lucas! What you don't see or hear (which is a good thing) are all the songs I am singing, all the bubbles I am frantically blowing, or all the movements I am doing in front of Lucas to help keep him engaged and motivated.  At the rate I am going I think I may need new material soon but I absolutely love every minute of this time we have together. (and not to mention working with our wonderful PT!)
  
Holding on to the treadmill bars! (FINALLY)

"This is hard work!"
  

"Hi mom, why are you on the floor?"

Getting set up! Lucas supervising in the cage!

We are up! (He was moving sorry for the blurry photo)
Talking to his friend Elmo

Going shopping

"Elmo, what snacks should we buy?"

Looking to Big Bird for words of wisdom

Crawling to push the big exercise balls

One tired little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment