Monday, April 22, 2013

My REAL Super Hero

I put Lucas in his cape today, a gift from a birthday party we recently attended, and as I watched him crawl and play with it tied around his neck it made me think about super-heroes.  How they always save the day with their special powers and are often dressed with capes or some other cool outfit.  They aid those that need their help and know how to make it all better.  Interesting how the simple act of dressing your child to play in a cape will remind you that super-heroes are not just in books or in movies but are real people and amongst us every day.  They come in all shapes and sizes and all ages as well.

Today my little guy reminded me that he is a my super-hero and can make everything better with his every breath or smile.  He knows how to make my toughest days easier with his laughter or clapping which lets me know that everything will be okay.  He reminds me of how strong he has had to be in his short life and how hard he works to achieve what comes easier to other children. Never giving up but just working even harder all while keeping a smile from ear to ear on his face.  These are the types of qualities that draw people to super-heroes because we know that no matter what they will always save the day.  I know my super-hero has saved me time and time again and for that I owe so much to him.  Whether he chooses to wear his cape or not I am privileged to have a super-hero call me mommy.


Trying to not reveal his face

Still not looking.....

"Ok mom, hurry super-heroes aren't supposed to pose for pictures!"

On the move....
 

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE that cape! He's so awesome! :) Nancy E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really do love him in that cape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful message you wrote i love my nephew so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete