Saturday, April 20, 2013

A heavy week

This has been a long and busy week which doesn't make it any different than many of our other weeks but this one has been weighing a bit heavier. At first I thought it was maybe because I am now another year older or because our neighborhood turned into a lake as a result of the rain and flooding we had this week. But I know it wasn't either of those things.  Instead it has more to do with all the tragedy and hurt that has been happening in our nation this week and displayed to endlessly on the news, tv or Internet. Everywhere you go you can't escape and maybe I shouldn't.  It has forced me to think about humanity and the world we live in, more particularly the world my son Lucas lives in. 

Nothing is perfect and we are not promised tomorrow so I know that without even realizing it I was hugging my son a bit tighter every night this week, holding him few more minutes while he slept in my arms and counting my blessings over and over that he is mine.  So many lives this week have been forever changed due to senseless acts and harmed beyond comprehension.  Not that these types of events should have to occur in order for you to realize all you have but they do remind you that everything is precious.  Life is precious.  My heart breaks for so many families that have had their lives altered and it pains me to think of how they will have to put their lives back together. Something that is not impossible but obviously very difficult.  As this week comes to a close I look ahead to the coming days and the hope, possibility, building and strength that will help us all be able to pull together and continue working to make this a much better place and world for us to live in and raise our children in.  We should all be able to enjoy our family and loved ones and do things together we enjoy without any threats.  I dream and will continue to pray for a world like that.

Here we are last Sunday enjoying our first family bike ride in our neighborhood.











  I decided that I needed to get a little video since this was Lucas' first time on his bike seat!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment