Monday, June 25, 2012

Mommy's thoughts before bed after a very long day

By now you have been asleep for a little over and hour and I just finished getting things prepared for tomorrow but no matter how tired I feel I keep thinking about you and the blessing you are. I keep thinking about how far you have come, heck, make that how far WE all have come!  Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself because I am honestly in awe that I have the honor of being your mama!!

Not a day goes by that I wish I didn't have to leave your side and I wonder am I really doing a good enough job to continue helping you reach your full potential.  I really am working hard at it Lucas and I want you to know that I will continue to do the best I can for you.  That is a promise from me and your daddy.   You see the thing is I don't want to fail you now or ever - that is my biggest fear.  I don't want to miss any minute of your beautiful precious life which is why me and your daddy make every minute count while we are with you. We love you so much and only want the best for you. Isn't that what every parent wants? I just feel like some days it eats at me more than others because I need to be the best parent I can be.  I sure hope I am because I know you are being the best son ever.  Mommy's heart is so full tonight baby - I LOVE YOU! 



"Don't worry mommy cuz my teachers know you miss me all day that's why they send you pictures of me!"

"Look at me mommy I can sit up now like a big boy!"





No comments:

Post a Comment