Monday, June 18, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog

So I have thought for a few months on whether or not to start a blog and chronicle our lives with Lucas. Lots of you have asked me why haven't I done it or have I thought about it. Truth is I have. Lots!! But I kept thinking I didn't have enough time, I was too tired or that I wouldn't know what to say. And I thought did I want to be committed to such a project? Did I want to share my private life and feelings? Did I want to be vulnerable? 

Well I finally said enough is enough and decided to continue sharing our beautiful and blessed life with Lucas (and yes, Down Syndrome) since so many friends and family ask about Lucas and how he is doing. Or request a new photo. Or wonder how our latest doctor visit went. Or what new milestones is he working on now. So what better way to keep everyone updated on him, us and all our adventures. (And how cool will it be to share this with him when he is older!) So here we go and I hope you all enjoy keeping up with us!  Also, how could I resist from showcasing all of Lucas' artwork. He is such an emerging artist!   

Eat your heart out Picasso!

Love,
Lucas' Mommy and 1# Fan




Artist, Lucas - 5 months



Fish Tank Artwork - 9 months

2 comments:

  1. Sister, this is such an amazing idea! He has grown so fast and learned so much in 9 months. You and Carlos are two strong and wonderful people, Lucas is so blessed to have you as parents. Keep up the great work and I'm sure he will love this when he gets older and sees this. I love all of you! #Babypicasso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! You are so right that 9 months flew by like nothing...geez! I appreciate the love and will enjoy keep everyone up to date with Lucas' adventures!

      Delete