Monday, September 17, 2012

Drinking with Two Hands

So I am trying to get caught up on everything that has been going on with us so I will start with this milestone we hit late last week.  Lucas began to drink from his cup with two hands! To some that may sound like something quite simplistic but to us it was HUGE. For much of Lucas' life use or arms to lift his body or hold on to things has been a bit of a task for us and one we have spent lots of time working on.  Since Lucas is now one I wanted to begin challenging him a bit more with the whole idea of self-feeding. When the little man put both hands on his cup and angled it into his mouth I felt like screaming with excitement.  Luckily I didn't do that since it would have scared him and made him cry. (Shame on mommy for almost doing that!)  We are continuing to work on all aspects of self-feeding and moving towards our milestones...one day at a time.

Drinking all by myself!

Setting the cup down

"I am so proud of myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment