Thursday, September 6, 2012

You want me to do what?

"Oh no!" Mom please don't make me." was all I thought I heard Lucas say at today's PT session even though he isn't even talking yet. Every time he sees Sammy (his PT) walk in the infant room he instantly knows that some hard work is coming his way and today was no different. Since our goal right now is to continue strengthening Lucas' ability to hold weight on his arms as well as knees, increase transitioning that allows wider range of motion while sitting and also strengthen his core I even knew we were only minutes away from the lower lip sticking out while Lucas did his ever so famous pouty-face!  Although Lucas did some tough work today I was so happy to see some visible progress that had me smiling because I could tell that Lucas is getting stronger and maybe not too far off from crawling or wanting to try standing while in a sitting position with adequate support.  Mama was so very proud of the little man for how hard he worked today, even if we took mini-breaks when Lucas turned on the waterworks, when doing exercises he didn't like.

So in an effort to combat this we decided to switch things up a little to keep Lucas interested and motivated; and also assist with the tears he was releasing in today's session.  So instead of the usual treadmill training we went to "The Cage" which consists of a harness, a bunch of bungee cords and attaching all that to a metal cage exterior while Lucas is seated in the center. It was pretty cool and he loved it.  This is yet another tool to help with our strengthening exercises and offers great resistance while keeping Lucas nice and secure. He was so intrigued with the bungees that I am certain he had no clue how hard he worked for half of the session! This is a winner!
  

Mom trying to take a photo of "The Cage" as best as she could in the mirror.

"Hmm, not bad this thing is kind of cool! I think I am ready for mountain climbing."
"Oh, yeah I got this!"

Lucas staring at the little girl in the next cage over! She was bowling and he was intrigued.

"Now you want me to do what Sammy?"
"Woo Hoo...PT is over. Party Time!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment