Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Family Rocks!

I won't lie we were scared to death about what it would mean to raise a baby with Down Syndrome and had doubts if we could do it or even handle everything we thought it was going to take.  As I our think about our journey so far, all 10 months of it, there is one one thing that kept us going in our toughest moments and that was the unconditional love and support we received from our family.  They promised us that everything would be okay and that we would never be alone and they would help and be there whenever we needed.  They have kept their word and been such a comfort and true support system.  They love Lucas beyond measure and no matter the distance they have a deep and genuine love for him. We could not have asked GOD for a better match! We needed Lucas and Lucas needed this family!! (Yes, this BIG ol'crazy family that he has not yet met even half of!)

So in appreciation for our family and everything they have done for us we wanted to share some of our moments together.  (Many more family moments to come in the future)  In today's post we do a special shout out to the grandparents for all the time they have spent with us at home, in the hospital and everyplace in between!


Ah, I love when Grandpa sings to me
More snuggles from Grandpa but that beard itches!

Visiting the grandparentals - July 2012

Grandma showing how strong she is! Lucas and Isaiah in Grand Rapids

Me and my abuela from Orlando before listening to mommy talk about me at Easter Seals. (May 2012)

My abuela showing me how my new toy works she bought me
  

No comments:

Post a Comment