Wednesday, December 5, 2012

OT is hard work


Lucas got to spend some time on Tuesday with this therapist Emily to work on a variety of movements as well as refining those fine motor skills.  Needless to say Lucas enjoyed the first part of it as usual and began to whimper and whine near the end even though he managed to keep working.  Gosh, every time I watch how hard he works and the effort he puts into things that might come easy to others I am more and more in awe of him.  He inspires me, he allows me to grow and he surely pushes me to be the best mommy I can be for him. 

Lucas' therapists are also so knowledgeable and know him so well and know when to push him.  They also do not underestimate his ability and keep their standards high with him.  This type of support and environment is one that I only dream that all children with disabilities could have as it makes a world of difference for them.  I am blessed by what we can do for Lucas.  There really are no limits when you have love, support and a nurturing environment. 

"In my superhero outfit ready to save the world!"

"Let me bang these blocks together for a bit!"

"Ok, I can put these in the holes, no problemo!"

"Oh no, the pressure is on since I have an audience!"


"Hmmm, this is where all those blocks go?"  
"Get this thing away from me! I have had enough!"

"Ok, I lied....I really want it but now how to get to it?"

"Ouch, maybe lunging to it and banging my head is not the way to go."

"Done! I am so done with this therapy session!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment