Thursday, August 16, 2012

Work hard, play hard

One of the many things I have grown to admire in my dear little Lucas is how hard he works and his determination to try new things.  You might say well all babies are full of wonder and amazement to try new things and learn, but there is something so very special about watching Lucas grow up and learn and try new things.  It is magical and so exciting to watch.  I find myself eager to watch his every move or action so that I don't miss a thing because I want to experience it all and not miss one thing my little love does.  I know that is one reason I work on this blog so that I can celebrate him, his life and his many accomplishments.  I cannot wait to see how wonderful and beautiful his life will be.

As we've mentioned below we have various therapy sessions every week and today we had both Speech and Physical Therapy.  So that means Lucas was working hard and playing hard today! I was happy to have been a part of it and cheer him on.  I think one of the best parts is when I get to sing "You are my sunshine" or "The wheels on the bus" during his treadmill training which allows him to forget he is working and concentrate on mommy's funny sounding voice and face expressions! Ha! Bless his little heart for paying so much attention to mom!

So our morning started off bright an early with Laura our Speech Therapist to begin working on drinking from the Honey Bear cup, working on drinking from a straw, drinking from an open cup and munching on crackers! Mom could not have been more proud of her little man. Once again he rocked it even if he had to sit in the odd looking little high chair!

Sitting in the high chair like a big boy

Waiting for what Laura has up her sleeve

"Oh yum, she has crackers!"

"And now a straw and a cup that looks like a bear?"

"Wow, what is this weird thing?"

"Well I will just go for it since I see water in it!" (Slurp, Slurp)


So after Lucas had a break from the morning and got a nap in his energy levels were back and ready to work with Sammy for his PT session.  He got to focus on rolling over, 4 point, arm work and wearing both his hip helpers and binder.  I gotta say that Lucas was looking great. It is just amazing to see his development in the last couple of months! Here is one shot from today's session before we hit the treadmill.

Easy does it! Now he is ready to rock back and forth!

Seeing as Lucas worked so hard today we decided to head out to downtown Glen Ellyn and have dinner at 2 Toots.  Wow was this place a treat? Lucas got to sit in a booster chair up at the counter and got a kick out of watching the train circle around the counter dropping off people's food orders! He was also really enjoying the music and did a little dancing in his chair! Needless to say we will be going back to this place for more food and fun.  I think the highlight for Lucas was nibbling on some french fries tonight!

Mommy and Daddy brought me out to eat because I was a good boy and worked super hard today!


No comments:

Post a Comment